Want to play god?


People dream about the perfect life: a perfect house, spouse, kids and a successful career. But reality doesn't always give us what we want. There are bills to pay and obligations to do
and we learn to live with that reality.
But what if I tell you that there is one place in the world that you can do whatever you want without thinking of the consequences?
That place is called SIMS.

The Sims is a life simulation game series developed by Maxis and The Sims Studio.
The player creates virtual people called " SIMS", places them in houses, helps direct their moods and satisfy their desires. Players can either place their Sims in ready-made houses or build their own.
The player and him only design what those SIMS do and what they want. he can build a sim like him or invent one.
The designer Will Wright was inspired to create a "virtual doll house" after losing his home during the Oakland firestorm. Replacing his home and his other possessions made him think about adapting that life experience into a game. When Wright initially took his ideas to Maxis,they thought if its a good idea to support the game. The directors at Electronic Arts, which bought Maxis in 1997 and had past experience with the game SimCity, eventually saw the SIMS’s potential and the rest is history.  
תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪sims‬‏

The success of The Sims resulted in Guinness World Records awarding the series five World record in the Guinness Worlds Records: Gamer's Edition 2008. in addition, the game was adapted into an action drama film in 2007.
So, why are you still in the blog?! go play SIMS!
!







5 comments:

  1. Thanks Yael, I have known this game since I was a young girl, but I didn't know all the things that you mentioned here (the film...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly prefer the SIMS type of computer activity than all the games based on warfare. I remember one of my kids getting quite additicted to the SIMS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the SIMS! When I was growing up, I had all the versions and expansion packs and constantly played the game! Moreover, I became familiar with certain English vocabulary because the game is in English.
    I still remember the cheat code that makes you really rich in the game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting you mentioned that because one of my students has just submitted a seminar paper on the role of media in incidental language acquisition, and one of the studies she reviewed is on how playing SIMS promotes vocabulary learning.

      P.S. Do share the cheat code. Will it still be valid for this new version?

      Delete
  4. I used to play one of the older versions. It must have been Sims 2.

    ReplyDelete