A Family Musical Magical Mystery Tour

The Beatles have always been my all-time favorite band. It was all about the music for me, since the Fab Four went their separate ways before I was even born.  Like many other kids, my taste in music was formed pretty much by what my older sisters listened to, and the Beatles were a permanent fixture in the musical ambiance of the Ben Hillel household. I can still remember singing Beatles songs out loud, without having any idea what the words meant.


When you care about something so much, you definitely want to pass it on to the next generation. The Beatles' music always plays in the background on weekends, and the kids love watching "Yellow Submarine". You can't imagine how proud I feel when I hear my son walking around and humming "All together now, all together now...." Our visit to the marvelous Beatles exhibition in the Children's Museum in Holon was a huge and highly recommended treat.

So, when a friend told me about the tribute band "Magical Mystery Tour" performing in a mid-day concert, we didn’t think twice. The show took place at the "Grey" club located in Yehud. The city is conveniently situated in the center of Israel and the club is easy to reach from both Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. As is the case in similar clubs, you usually arrive early to secure a good table and you have plenty of time to have a bite to eat before the show begins.

And when the show begins, you feel happy inside (that's a Beatles reference, eh?). The band members, 5 of them, go on stage dressed in the silky colorful suits the Beatles used to wear during Sgt. Pepper's times. Years of practice makes perfect. The band sounds great, both vocally and instrumentally. It's precisely what I would expect from a Beatles tribute band. Their love of the band and its music shines through each and every song. The fun thing is that they communicate with the audience, acknowledge the excited kids, invite them to sing along and even distribute musical instruments so everyone can join in. Funny video art accompanies the music and adds another dimension to this enjoyable experience.

As the band plays an encore, big balloons are released into the air and the audience flies them up and around. What a delightful way to bring such a fun show to an end!

Kudos to the "Magical Mystery Tour" – a great show for all ages!












7 comments:

  1. WOW! sounds like something I would like to see. My father admires the Beatles and has all of their albums on Records and every now and then he plays some songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely take him to a regular concert of the cover band. They are really good and he will totally love it!

      Delete
  2. Sounds terrific! I like the Beatles but I wish they could also think about a show for the Rolling Stones fans!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at a Stone concert way back in Toronto! What a treat... It made me think about the fact that both bands were active in the 60th and here we have a group that is still performing today as if they're in their 20th... what would've happened if John Lennon was still alive today? and George Harrison? would they perform together like the Stones?...

      Delete
  3. Ever since my roommate used "lemon tree" as a wake up alarm, I can't listen to this song :( thank god she didn't use "let it be"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could also live without lemon Tree, but I couldn't live without the Beatles :-)

      Delete
  4. Zehavit, it sounds like a great fun
    I'll take in consideration next time in Yahud

    ReplyDelete