Beautiful views in the Western Galilee

Imagine that you are on vacation time, and you can choose wherever you want to go…. I’m sure it might be to the north, therefore a week ago I went on a trip to the Western Galilee. It took me more than 3 hours to get there from Jerusalem, but it was definitely worth it.



In the Galilee I visited the site called Rosh Hanikra, which is very close to the border between Israel and Lebanon. In Rosh Hanikra you can really be astonished by the gorgeous views of the Mediterranean Sea and the cities Haifa and Nahariya.

Moreover, you can witness a true miracle of nature that created grottoes in the stone. The sea crashed and splashed over the rocks until it became curved and grotted. There are many different kinds of grottoes with, some that look like a hole in a tunnel and others like parts of animals’ bodies, such as an elephant’s leg.

In order to get to the grottoes you can take the bus, but a more fun way is the cable railway, for which I waited for 45 minutes. Once we got on it, the journey to the grottoes was mere 30 seconds, however it was absolutely worth the wait. As you go down on it you can take beautiful pictures and enjoy the ride.

Another important thing in the grottoes is the audiovisual presentation, which explained better about the unique phenomenon of the nature. There aren’t many places around the world in which you can experience all that. The entire visit lasted about 3 hours and didn't cost too much- around 35 NIS for an adult ticket.

We have a beautiful country with gorgeous views, so we don't have to travel abroad in order to enjoy them.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture! It made me want to read the review, which made me want to visit the grottoes. Very nicely written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosh Hanikra is one of my favorite places in Israel. Magic place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in Kibbutz Regba, which is in the Western Galilee. I think it is one of the nicest regions in Israel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talia, it is a wondreful place. I visited it once and I spent a great day there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we spent a week in the area 3 summers ago. I loved the beaches and the scenery of the mountains. Great food also. Thanks for such a wonderful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Aunt lives there so I've been many times, but I must say everytime it so magical. It's definitely my "happy place" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is a lovely place !! I visited it once in 2013!

    ReplyDelete