D.Y. College Students - Take a break and visit Africa


It's the same routine, every single day, over and over again - Go to class for 90 minutes, take a short break for 15 minutes, and again - Go to class for 90 minutes, take a break
for 30 minutes, and again, and again, and again... And during your break you have to decide:

1. Should I go and grab a coffee before Elizabeth arrives? (Oh great!)
2. Should I go and heat up my boring dish to exhaustion to eat at Leo's? (Oh, you dare!)
3. Should I run away home before Aliza spots me in the hall? (Oh, Netflix is calling!)
4. Should I go and breast feed my daughter before Julia is here? (O.M.G!)
5. Or... should I go visit Africa? ( Oh, wait a minute, WHAT???)

Now, I know, you will probably go for no. 1, and later during the day for no. 2, then give a thought to no. 3, and I wouldn't even dare to think about no. 4! But, have you thought about no. 5 or you just came up with the thought about this creepy blogger again? Can you really imagine yourself traveling far far away to Africa during recess or if it's even possible?

Well actually, yes, it is possible! For an interesting break need look no further than Binyan Alef's second floor, where after this Passover vacation, David Yellin College will be hosting a unique photographic exhibition, called "In The Heart of Africa". Eleven photos of African children will be presented. The children were captured on camera during their day to day chores, at home, at school and in their surroundings, including one heart. One red heart.
All the photos were taken on a two months journey from South-Africa to Zanzibar, covering 8,000 km across 7 countries, giving you an opportunity to get a sneak peak to some real African life, while holding cappuccino ( no. 1 right? ) in your hand as the break goes by.

The exhibition will continue at least until the end of June, right around the corner and right under your nose. So, if you already got the chance to cover those first 4 options mentioned above, take the 5th for your next break in D.Y College.

Have a safe journey.

Full disclosure - The photographer is actually, me :-)

12 comments:

  1. Ilan this is great!
    I really liked your writing and especially the jokes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Ilan I'm so jealous! One of my biggest dreams is to actually go and visit Africa. It is such an interesting and unique continent... thank you for letting me get a "sneak peek" through your amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shaked, I don't know if you are aware that I am a practical person. Please stop whatever you are doing and go to the airport. No excuses for this!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful exhibition. Thank you Ilan for sharing it with us at the College.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful writing and work Ilan, keep it up, like i always say , one day we are going to be asking for your signature :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you! And I promise to give you one tomorrow!!!! Much love!!!

      Delete
  5. Illan, I have to say that your blog is unique and it motivates me to visit Africa.

    Enjoy your future journeys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilan this is great! I actually loved your presentation on English day and it kept me thinking about traveling...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ilan, it seems like a fantasy but actually it's not that far from reality... I truly believe that one day I'll visit there and it will be a once in a lifetime journey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I totally agree with you that traveling is LIFE. I traveled to many places so far in my life. I think the correct choice is always to travel! Looking at your photos is like getting a chance to visit Africa. But I hope one day I'll get there on my own.

    ReplyDelete