The best movie of the year



A few weeks ago I watched a great movie called Murder on the Orient Express, which is an

American mystery drama film, directed by the wonderful actor Kenneth Branagh.

The movie is quite new in Israel, and has been playing in the theaters for only three weeks.

It is based on the 1934 novel of the same name by Agatha Christie.


The movie was thrilling and it kept the audience on the edge of the seat through the entire two hours of it. Despite the fact that it wasn't short, it was absolutely worth it!
While watching the movie, you might recognize many famous actors and actresses starring in it such as: Penélope Cruz, Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Judi Dench and the director himself.

The movie is set in winter 1934. A well-known detective who wanted to go on vacation was offered by an old friend of his to have a chance to earn a place on board the fully booked train called The Orient Express.
Then a murder takes place and the detective spends the rest of the film trying to determine who the murderer is (obviously - on the train).
I find this movie very surprising and unexpected. Moreover, it deals with ethical issues that make you think for days after watching it.

Also, I had the opportunity to watch it in the VIP hall in the Cinema City in Jerusalem, and it definitely made it better. In the VIP Lounge you get free popcorn and sodas for the entire movie, and you have 30 minutes to dine before the movie starts.
The food is mostly diary and includes several courses: spaghetti, potatoes, pizza and salads.
Afterwards, you can choose from many desserts, such as Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, chocolate balls and mousse or fruit salad.
In the movie hall, you sit on couches and feel like you’re at your own home (and even better!).

So, I truly encourage you to go there and watch Murder on the Orient Express in the VIP cinema in Jerusalem.








9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I must say that after reading your post I'm actually thinking of watching this movie, something I probably wouldn't have done without it… if only because the name of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I'm happy to hear that... I hope that you had a chance to watch it.

      Delete
  2. good cast and wonderful story! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the book a long time ago (among other Christie's classic) and I think the adaptation was quite good. I wouldn't say it's the best movie of the year :) but it was well made wit a stellar cast. I can only imagine how much fun they had while shooting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After watching it I'll probably start reading it as well.

      Delete
  4. I don't like movies very much but, this movie sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! sound like an interesting movie!!!

    ReplyDelete