Istanbul, Heaven on Earth


Three years ago, I went to the most interesting city in the world, Istanbul. I enjoyed every second of my trip, and I think that spending one week in Istanbul is not enough. I would like to live in Istanbul for a year in order to explore it and fall more in love with it.


What did I like about Istanbul?
Istanbul is visited by millions of people every year. Tourists have a different reason for choosing to
visit Istanbul and to spend their vacation there. The nature's beauty is one of the most important elements for me. Istanbul has extraordinary nature, whenever you look you just see space filled with plants and flowers, when I was there my camera refused to stop capturing pictures and my eyes couldn’t believe that these were real views. Istanbul's beauty combines both the Western and the Eastern beauty. Istanbul is a place where you meet different cultures. 
In Istanbul people are hard to understand, they are stubborn too.Walking in the old  city of Jerusalem made me understand how we are different. Walking in the open markets in Istanbul gave me the opportunity to meet many citizens and sales men who were inflexible and unfriendly, for example when I walk in the old city of Jerusalem I can see how much the citizens are kind and nice toward tourists, unfortunately that's not the case  in Istanbul. People are not so friendly in Istanbul and that’s unfortunate because the local behavior is extremely important.
Each country and each city has pros and cons and visiting different countries exposes you to different cultures; these cultures make you understand how your culture is different and this will make you apperciate your culture more.  





3 comments:

  1. So is it Istanbul or Thailand? :)
    (see Shaked's post

    Interesting observations about the people though...

    But seriously, when I lived in Istanbul I didn't really like it. I do like visiting it, however. I often go there for a few days or, sometimes, even a few hours when I have a connection at Ataturk airport

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ranen did you feel safe there? Especially as a woman...
    I am sure that's an interesting country to visit but I am not sure how comfortable I could feel going around there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved Istanbul. It is such a fascinating city. It's full of history, wonderful cuisine, beauty, it's cheap, generous and energetic. As you said Raneen - it's the perfect combination of East and West. I disagree though on what you said about the people. I found the people in Istanbul were extremely friendly, kind and helpful. People were always happy to assist, show me the way and just engage in a friendly conversation. I highly recommend going there an

    ReplyDelete